With so many bugs going around at the moment, it seems a good time to tackle the issue of contagious illnesses and how they might affect your workplace.
Did you know?
- Cold and flu viruses can live on hard surfaces for up to 24 hours.
- Germs can live on your hands for up to three hours.
- Wet hands can spread 1,000 times more germs than dry hands.
Cold and flu germs thrive at this time of year and an epidemic in the workplace could lead to mass absence and reduced productivity. Safeguard your staff by making sure they understand:
- Good hygiene. Most germs are spread by hand, so make sure your employees understand the importance of washing and drying their hands thoroughly. Hands should be washed frequently, especially before eating and after using the toilet.
- How cold and flu viruses are spread and how they are contracted. Remember, prevention is better than cure.
- The difference between colds and flu. Cold symptoms may include a cough, sore throat, blocked or runny nose and shivers. Flu symptoms also include high fever, chills and severe muscle aches. Most employees should still be able to work with a cold.
- How to avoid spreading germs. Employees can limit the spread of germs if they are ill by regularly washing their hands, using disposable tissues and covering their noses and mouths when coughing or sneezing.
- The potential dangers of cold and flu remedies.Some cold and flu medication can cause drowsiness. Employees should always check the label and avoid these medicines, particularly if they drive or operate machinery as part of their job.
Need some help to communicate these messages?
Maybe Kodiak's database of over 10,000 original poster designs can help.
We have a range of innovative posters covering all of these important issues and more.
For more information, please give us a call on 01530 456000 or email us with your requirements.
Our motivational poster programme covers healthy living and basic hygiene on a regular basis. If you would like to find out more about subscribing, please contact us.