FLASHING LIGHTS?Flickering lights do not provide enough light to work safely
The continual flashing can also trigger headaches and migraines
Bring problems to light and report problem lighting to your supervisor
June's Poster of the Month deals with the issue of problem lighting.
Lighting is an important feature of any workplace as it helps employees to see clearly, work safely and exit the building promptly in an emergency.
Problem lighting may include:
- Dead, dirty or dim bulbs that do not provide proper illumination
- Flashing or flickering lights that could cause headaches and migraines
- Coloured lighting that impairs your ability to distinguish colours
- Lights that cause excessive shadows, reflections or glare
- Broken bulbs or covers that could contaminate your products or environment
Employees should report problem lighting for repair or review.
Kodiak posters regularly cover workplace lighting and the safety issues associated with it.